RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
At this stage, you know all of the things that IT could do to help support company objectives and priorities. Now you need to sort through what IT should do, when and how.
The purpose of the IT Investment and Value Roadmap is to take all of the improvement opportunities, Applications, Technology and Organization, and:
- Evaluate their relative importance based on business value and cost.
- Determine interdependencies (e.g., need to develop a new skill-set before adopting a piece of technology).
- Combine opportunities into projects.
- Set milestones for completing projects over the planning horizon.
- Estimate the impact of the investments required on the IT budget.
The IT Investment and Value Roadmap should be revisited periodically – at least quarterly or when corporate management re-evaluates company priorities.
Tools included in this bundle:
- Analysis of Available Options
- Business Case Template
- Communications Plan Template
- Current IT Projects
- Executive Meeting Agenda
- Guide to Documenting Your Strategic Roadmap
- Initiative Description Template
- Initiative Prioritization Tool
- IT Stategic Roadmap Maintenance Guidelines
- IT Stategy and Roadmap Scope Statement
- IT Strategy Budget Impact
- Option Evaluation Tool
- IT Strategic Plan
- Strategic Plan Template