A critical step in defining the enterprise architecture (EA) operating model is completing a RACI chart (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, and Informed). A RACI chart is beneficial because it:
- Allows stakeholders to clearly understand expectations
- Reduces redundancy in tasks
- Enables clear communication
- Reduces time within approval processes
- Allows stakeholders to focus more on value-add
Use a RACI chart when defining EA roles and responsibilities. Be sure you include the covert roles of Business Alignment Manager, Standardization and Industrialization Manager, and Project Advisor and Reviewer.