RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Business Intelligence (BI) continues to gain traction among enterprises of all sizes. New license revenue is growing by about 8% per year and sales continue to be strong in a challenging economic environment. This research note identifies the trends shaping BI implementations and describes some of the key characteristics of these projects. Specific topics include:
- Business factors driving BI adoption.
- Typical cost expectations.
- Typical timeline expectations.
- Common implementation concerns.
- Info-Tech's forecast on the near and mid-term future of the BI market.
Ever expanding amounts of enterprise data is driving interest in BI software. IT managers planning BI projects must consider project drivers, costs, timelines, and implementation concerns.