- 5 Anonymous Contributors
Want to Participate in Our Research?
- Analyst Interviews: Share your best practices, opinions, tools or templates with your peers.
- Upcoming Workshops: Accelerate your project with an onsite, expert analyst to facilitate a workshop for you. Contact us for more details.
- A company’s web presence is its front face to the world. Ensuring you have the right suite of tools for web content management, experience design, and web analytics is critical to putting your best foot forward: failing to do so will result in customer attrition and lost revenue.
- Web Experience Management (WEM) suites are a rapidly maturing and dynamic market, with a landscape full of vendors with cutting edge solutions and diverse offerings. As a result, finding a solution that is the best fit for your organization can be a complex process.
- WEM products are not a one-size-fits-all investment: unique evaluations and customization are required in order to deploy a solution that fits your organization.
- WEM technology often complements core CRM and marketing management products – it does not supplant it, and must augment the rest of your customer experience management portfolio.
- Phase your WEM implementation: Start with core capabilities such as content management, then add additional capabilities for site analytics and dynamic experience.
Impact and Result
- Align marketing needs with identified functional requirements.
- Implement a best-fit WEM that increases customer acquisition and retention, and provides in-depth capabilities for site analysis.
- Optimize procurement and operations costs for the WEM platform.
Start here – read the Executive Brief
Read our concise Executive Brief to find out why you should select and implement a WEM solution, review Info-Tech’s methodology, and understand the four ways we can support you in completing this project.
1. Launch the WEM project and collect requirements
Conduct a market overview, structure the project, and gather requirements.
2. Select a WEM solution
Analyze and shortlist vendors in the space and select a WEM solution.
3. Plan the WEM implementation
Plan the implementation and evaluate project metrics.
This guided implementation is a seven call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Launch the WEM project and collect requirements
Call #1 - Identify organizational fit for the technology.
Call #2 - Create the project plan.
Call #3 - Plan requirements gathering steps.
Guided Implementation #2 - Select a WEM Solution
Call #1 - Discuss the use-case fit assessment results and the Vendor Landscape.
Call #2 - Contract review.
Guided Implementation #3 - Plan the WEM Implementation
Call #1 - Create an implementation plan.
Call #2 - Discuss roll out of processes and hand over to operations.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Launch of the WEM Selection Project
- Discuss the general project overview for the WEM selection.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Launch of your WEM selection project.
- Development of your organization’s WEM requirements.
Facilitation of activities from the Launch the WEM Project and Collect Requirements phase, including project scoping and resource planning.
- WEM Procurement Project Charter
Conduct overview of the WEM market landscape, trends, and vendors.
- WEM Use-Case Fit Assessment
Conduct process mapping for selected marketing processes.
Interview business stakeholders.
Prioritize WEM functional requirements.
Module 2: Plan the Procurement and Implementation Process
- Plan the procurement and the implementation of the WEM solution.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Selection of a WEM solution.
- A plan for implementing the selected WEM solution.
Complete marketing process mapping with business stakeholders.
- Vendor Shortlist
Interview IT staff and project team, identify technical requirements for the WEM suite, and document high-level solution requirements.
- WEM RFP
Perform a use-case scenario assessment, review use-case scenario results, identify use-case alignment, and review the WEM Vendor Landscape vendor profiles and performance.
- Vendor Evaluations
Create a custom vendor shortlist and investigate additional vendors for exploration in the marketplace.
- Selection of a WEM Solution
Meet with project manager to discuss results and action items.
- WEM projected work break-down
- Implementation plan
- Framework for WEM deployment and CRM/Marketing Management Suite Integration