Vendor Landscape: Endpoint Anti-Malware
Endpoint protection grows up to become a fully-fledged security suite unto itself.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: September 18, 2012
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Malware is an ever-present threat that continues to grow at near exponential rates.
- Poor Anti-Malware performance (due to malware growth) combined with a large number of vendors makes Anti-Malware selection difficult.
- The cost of infection is such that enterprises must implement an Anti-Malware solution, but cannot afford to implement the wrong solution.
- Virus volumes are becoming almost unmanageable: at least by traditional measures. Reputation scanning offers the hope of a rebalancing of the protection/performance scale and is becoming ubiquitous.
- Endpoints need protecting against more than just malware: endpoints have become a primary battlefront in the modern security war. Every step must be taken to protect them. Complete suites offer unparalleled ease of management.
- Cheap and cheerful may not always be appropriate: cut-price solutions may be lowest on features/functionality. Evaluate on both cost and features to determine whether it’s worth spending more.
Impact and Result
Implementing feature-rich endpoint Anti-Malware solutions is the most significant step that enterprises can take to mitigate risk. Selecting the optimal solution ensures the greatest level of protection, and therefore the greatest reduction in risk.
Get to Action
Understand the Endpoint Anti-Malware market space
Understand Endpoint Anti-Malware solutions, their capabilities, and cost.
Review Endpoint Anti-Malware solutions
Build a shortlist of best-fit Endpoint Anti-Malware tools for the enterprise.
Related Solution Sets
Companies Who Helped
- Allan Williams, Director, The Australian National University
- Chris Laing, Team Member, Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Science
- Emmanuel Quaicoe, Supervisor, AGL
- Ellen Earhart, Consultant, Educational Services
- Rakesh Pandey, Supervisor, NTT Data Inc.
- Bruce Rusk, Manager, Tatua Co-Operative Dairy Company
- Matthew P. Arnold, Consultant, Teen Challenge Inc.