Vendor Landscape: Software Testing Solutions
Test your software, not your patience.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: February 5, 2013
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Manual testing can overwhelm a QA team and delay deployment. All of the major vendors now offer some form of automation, but the form of automation varies widely.
- Lack of integration reduces test scalability, which leads to a fragmented test toolset and a lack of cohesive bug reporting and visibility.
- As the number of application requirements continues to climb, automation becomes critical for testing. Organizations need to look for automated testing for desktop, Web, mobile, touch, and cloud applications.
- A robust test management tool needs the capability of integrating with other test tools. This permits testing against novel architectures like the Cloud.
Impact and Result
- Choose the right range of features for your testing challenge.
- Find an integrated solution that reduces your testing costs.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Best Practices Toolkit
Assess software testing vendors and the viability of their solutions
Determine which vendors meet enterprise software testing needs.
Set evaluation priorities
Develop a custom shortlist based on software testing criteria vital to the enterprise.
Talk to an Analyst
Each of our solution sets include information, tools and templates to help you complete a project on your own. However, if you want extra help, our silver and gold memberships include phone access to our analysts. Analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
- Book an Analyst Call on this topic. You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
- Get advice from a subject matter expert. Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.