Vendor Landscape: Mid-Market ERP
New players are taking ERP from just transactions, to business actions.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: July 7, 2014
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- ERP provides standardization and automation to resource and financial management. The mid-market systems provide structured data for better business decisions.
- ERP implementation is difficult and the ROI on the application is unclear. Most organizations fail to standardize their processes and rely on costly customizations to match the ERP to the business needs.
- The mid-market has a wide variety solutions that can support long-term growth and manage financial and business specific processes.
- The mid-market is being shaped by cloud vendors bringing role-based configuration and multi-site capabilities to the mid-market.
- Data management still requires forethought and governance – this cannot be automated.
- Vendors are building analytics into the ERP to reduce the need for separate analytics packages.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the ERP market.
- Evaluate ERP vendors and products for your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for particular use cases and scenarios.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Best Practices Toolkit
Evaluate the leading vendors of mid-market ERP solutions
Understand the market and available options.
Identify the mid-market ERP solutions that best fit the organization's needs
Develop a shortlist to speed the selection process.
Issue an RFP to the shortlist of vendors
Solicit responses from shortlisted vendors to find optimal enterprise fit
Review RFP winners
Ensure that selected proponents can deliver when it counts
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Call #1: Shortlist assistance and requirements
Get off to a productive start: Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide which platform suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Call #2: RFP and budget review
Interpret and act on RFP results: Review vendors’ RFPs and ensure the solution will meet your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Call #3: Negotiation and contract review
Purchase optimization: Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution
Optimize Business Processes to Limit ERP Customization
Mobilize the Workforce by Mobilizing ERP
Build an ERP Selection & Implementation Strategy
Develop an Appropriate ERP Operation Strategy
Vendor Landscape: Enterprise ERP
Determine if Cloud ERP Lies in the Future
Implement a Multi-site ERP
Vendor Landscape: Mid-Market ERP
Vendor Landscape: Higher Education ERP