Vendor Landscape: Mid-Market ERP
New players are taking ERP from just transactions, to business actions.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: March 6, 2012
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Explore ERP vendors other than SAP and Oracle to ensure that your organization has considered and reviewed a variety of vendor offerings.
- Due to the many mid-market vendors, narrowing options to an appropriate vendor shortlist can be a significant challenge.
- Core ERP functions are straightforward, and every vendor can provide them. To select the best fit vendor, align specific vendor strengths with your specific business plan.
- Focus on data management tools. ERP, as a whole, has stayed static in the mid-market. However, the features offered have begun to change to allow for the automation of data management.
- The long term value of your ERP solution will be in the associated analytics packages. ERP is moving beyond traditional recording of transactional data to include analytics and workflow automation.
- Ease of use is becoming an important aspect to consider for the mid-market. While recording and managing data is still the main use of ERP, usability and user interface are becoming key differentiators.
Impact and Result
- Use Info-Tech's Vendor Landscape for Mid-Market ERP to achieve maximum value for the enterprise by selecting the right ERP feature set.
- Info-Tech's Vendor Landscape for Mid-Market ERP shortens selection time by examining pre-screened vendors appropriate for mid-sized enterprises.
- Save time and effort during the vendor selection process, and focus on the challenges of implementation.
Rob Brennan, UWO
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Best Practices Toolkit
Evaluate the leading vendors of mid-market ERP solutions
Understand the market and your options.
Identify the solutions that best fit your organization's needs
Develop a shortlist to speed the selection process.
Talk to an Analyst
Each of our solution sets include information, tools and templates to help you complete a project on your own. However, if you want extra help, our silver and gold memberships include phone access to our analysts. Analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
- Book an Analyst Call on this topic. You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
- Get advice from a subject matter expert. Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.
Build an ERP Selection & Implementation Strategy
Develop an Appropriate ERP Operation Strategy
Determine if Cloud ERP Lies in the Future
Implement a Multi-site ERP
Vendor Landscape: Mid-Market ERP
Vendor Landscape: Higher Education ERP
Optimize Business Processes to Limit ERP Customization
Mobilize the Workforce by Mobilizing ERP