Vendor Landscape: Enterprise Content Management for Knowledge Workers
Choose the tools that enable appropriate content movement for your organization.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: November 2, 2012
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Enterprises must facilitate the sharing of documents within and between different departments. Sharing may have to occur across sites and time zones.
- Many struggle with lifecycle management of documents, including retention, access, and findability.
- For some, archiving or information governance principles must be applied to collections of documents. Approval workflows and document disposition are particularly important.
- Cloud content control is still a problem. The large vendors are building their own clouds to deal with the issue.
- Process generated content and knowledge derived content management systems are re-converging. Pay special attention to the workflow controls to stay ahead of this trend.
- System of engagement versus System of record is a clear differentiator in the products.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the Content Management for Knowledge Workers (CMKW) market.
- Evaluate CMKW vendors and products for your enterprise needs using Info-Tech’s CMKW Vendor Landscape.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
Get to Action
Evaluate the leading content management solutions for knowledge workers
Understand the market and available options.
Identify the CMKW solution that best meets your needs
Develop a shortlist to speed the selection process.