RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
- ECM platforms enable many aspects of an information governance program by ensuring related pieces of content can be found even when created and stored by different departments or over long periods of time.
- Most organizations struggle to create and maintain the appropriate taxonomy and metadata to fully enable an ECM system. The new generation of tools can automate many aspects through full text search and automated generation of document tags.
- SharePoint has the highest adoption rate of any product in this landscape.
- Look past high adoption and evaluate all of the products before settling for SharePoint. There are many products at the same or lower price point that have better features.
- Focus on your primary use case and ensure that the RFP and demo reflect the key scenarios that you are looking to enable.
- Usability of the system for end users and IT is the key to success with ECM products.
Impact and Result
- Understand what products are available to support your content management for knowledge workers.
- Evaluate the vendors based on the features that matter to your organization.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
1. Evaluate the leading solutions for ECM
Understand the market and available options.
2. Identify the ECM products that meets your needs
Develop a shortlist to speed the selection process.
3. Issue an RFP to the shortlist of vendors
Solicit responses from shortlisted vendors to find optimal enterprise fit.
4. Review RFP winners
Ensure that selected proponents can deliver when it counts.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Call #1 - Shortlist Assistance and Requirements
Get off to a productive start: discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide on which deployment option suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Call #2 - RFP and Budget Review
Interpret and act on RFP results: review vendor RFPs and ensure the solution is meeting your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Call #3 - Negotiation and Contract Review
Purchase optimization: review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.