RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
- File collaboration among workers can be a challenge for many organizations. Cumbersome legacy enterprise content management solutions often don’t cut it, and file collaboration by email presents a myriad of challenges, such as lack of versioning.
- Employees are demanding file sharing solutions that are as easy to use as consumer-oriented products like Dropbox.
- IT departments that don’t provide robust solutions for file sharing will have their authority undermined by business-owned applications.
- There are many best-of-breed business-oriented file sharing solutions that offer secure access to employee documents in the cloud. Forward-thinking enterprises are adopting and deploying these products for employee file collaboration.
- Cloud file sharing (CFS) solutions complement your broader collaboration portfolio, including social collaboration tools.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the CFS market.
- Evaluate CFS vendors and products for your enterprise needs using Info-Tech’s Cloud File Sharing Vendor Landscape.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
1. Evaluate the leading solutions for cloud file sharing
Understand the market and available options.
2. Identify the cloud file sharing solution that best meets enterprise needs
Develop a shortlist to speed the selection process.
3. Issue an RFP to the shortlist of vendors
Solicit responses from shortlisted vendors to find optimal enterprise fit.
4. Review RFP winners
Ensure that selected proponents can deliver when it counts.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Call #1 - Shortlist Assistance and Requirements
Get off to a productive start: Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide which platform suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Call #2 - RFP and Budget Review
Interpret and act on RFP results: Review vendors’ RFPs and ensure the solution will meet your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Call #3 - Negotiation and Contract Review
Purchase optimization: Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.