Vendor Landscape: Agile ALM
ALMs for the poor, and for the rich.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Development methodologies and environments have proliferated, increasing complexity for the manager who needs to manage Agile development with an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tool.
- Code bases continue to increase in size, necessitating an integrated ALM tool that can manage all phases of development.
- The cost of ALM licenses puts pressure on the budget-conscious IT leader.
- Premium offerings give the ability to customize process. Evaluate your need for, and the cost of, process customization before you make your purchase.
- Premium products support development across the growing range of platforms and development methodologies. Assess your present and future platform needs.
- A number of new vendors have entered the market in the last few years. Niche offerings can serve your needs at a fraction of the cost of a premium tool.
Impact and Result
- Choose the right range of features for your development scenario.
- Find an integrated solution that will reduce your development costs.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Assess Agile ALM vendor feature sets and viability
Determine which vendors best suit your Agile ALM needs.
Use your requirements to set evaluation priorities
Develop a custom shortlist based on Agile ALM criteria most important to your organization.
Choose the Right Development Platform for Enterprise Mobile Applications
Develop Enterprise Mobile Applications With Realistic and Relevant Performance
Stay on Top of Today’s and Tomorrow’s Mobile App Trends
Automate the SDLC Using the Right Tools
Strengthen the SSDLC for Enterprise Mobile Applications
Use DevOps to Respond Faster to End Customers
Modernize Your Corporate Website to Drive Business Value
Implement Agile Practices That Work
Optimize the Current Agile Process for Scalability to Prepare for a Wider Rollout
Grow Agile Beyond the Team into the Enterprise
Optimize Existing Applications for Security in an Untrusted World
Choose the Right Tools for Big Data Development
Optimize the Application Maintenance Estimation (AME) Process
Use PaaS to Decrease Ongoing Application Maintenance Costs
Develop APIs That Work Properly for the Organization
Enter Into Mobile Development Without Confusion and Frustration
Reduce Churn and Improve an Existing Software Development Practice
Vendor Landscape: Application Development Tools
Choose a Mobile Development Strategy
Create an Effective Web Redesign Strategy
Drive Web Traffic with Search Engine Optimization
Develop a Position on Cloud Platform as a Service
Vendor Landscape: Application Lifecycle Management
Vendor Landscape: Mobile Enterprise Application Platforms