RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
- Multi-site enterprises are commonly managing environments with multiple types of voice and data connectivity, usually sourced from multiple service providers.
- Accurately assessing consolidation opportunities and effectively planning redundancy is challenging without a clear view of the existing mix of telecommunications services by location.
- This solution set will help IT leaders perform a complete telecommunications inventory that can be used to optimize the ongoing delivery of voice and data services to the enterprise.
- Organizations of all sizes will benefit from performing a telecom inventory - the activity offers benefits across multiple areas, including asset management, contract negotiation, and infrastructure capacity planning.
- Given a lack of staff resources and financial/billing expertise, IT organizations should evaluate third party consultants that can provide inventory and expense management services on a contingency basis.
Impact and Result
- Capture all information about telecom assets and services in a single repository that can be easily related to invoices and contracts, and provide decision makers with a consolidated view of the environment.
- Leverage the completed inventory to identify spending aberrations and consolidation opportunities, driving significant cost savings for the organization.
1. Understand the telecom inventory development process.
Identify the key drivers of a formal telecom inventory, understand the step-by-step process, and leverage the inventory to optimize the environment moving forward.
2. Develop the formal telecom inventory.
Compile and document all lines, circuits, and mobile devices in the telecom environment, associate devices with relevant monthly invoices and service contracts, and identify key opportunities for consolidation and standardization.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.