Decide if Microsoft System Center 2012 is Right for the Enterprise
All-in-one, but priced that way too.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
- System Center 2012 packages together a number of components that were previously branded and sold separately. Understanding what System Center now includes and its capabilities can be a challenge.
- Microsoft’s continued support for System Center Essentials is unknown at this point in time, leaving smaller organizations in a state of paralysis.
- Increased functionality has complicated deployment of the solution.
- New licensing models are intended to simplify Microsoft licensing, but will bring increased costs for many organizations due to the bundling of components.
- The infrastructure and expertise needed to implement System Center is considerable for large organizations and substantial for the mid-market.
- Due to the complex nature of System Center 2012, most organizations will require the assistance of professional services for implementation.
Impact and Result
- Service Pack 1 for System Center is expected to be released in the near future, bringing with it additional features and upgrades.
- System Center is now being marketed towards mid-to-large enterprises and is best suited for organizations that already have a large investment in Microsoft products.
- Small to mid-sized enterprises that only require a few of the components will have a hard time justifying the cost and effort.
- Henny Penny
- University of Otago
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Gain a broad understanding of System Center 2012
Determine if enterprise requirements and System Center capabilities and licensing costs align.
Determine if System Center 2012 is a suitable fit
Gain a recommendation as to whether System Center is appropriate for the enterprise.
Obtain an outline of the expected licensing and infrastructure costs
Assist with decision-making on the purchase of this product.