A well-chosen help desk management application can accelerate resolution efforts, streamline the escalation path, and help identify process improvement opportunities. Because so much is at stake, IT must follow a defined process when deciding which software to use.
Writing a good help desk RFP is a necessary part of the selection process, but writing it can be a time-consuming and complex task. This time-saving editable template ensures the following is covered:
- The statement of work that provides the purpose for the RFP.
- General information to describe the enterprise, the existing technology environment, and the schedule of events required.
- Proposal preparation guidelines to lay out the expectations for the selection process.
- The scope of the work, the specifications, and requirements.
- Vendor qualifications and references.
- Budget and pricing information, including a five-year total cost summary.
An effective RFP helps avoid a poorly-selected help desk application that forces an otherwise well-run team to adapt its workflow processes to a tool that may not be optimized to the enterprise's needs.
This downloadable tool is associated with the research note, "The Complete Guide to Help Desk Software RFPs."