Access this Note and more by filling out your information.
When you register you will also receive:
- A Free Trial Membership which provides additional free research and help on your projects
- Access to survey data, contribute to our research, community involvement and much more
An agile server infrastructure is becoming a key business differentiator as small enterprises move towards Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). Even without this driving force, the implementation of a utility infrastructure creates a more flexible and cost effective server and storage infrastructure. Small enterprises can, in most cases, create a utility infrastructure without replacing existing server room hardware.
This note discusses the technology and reasoning behind a utility infrastructure, including:
- The definition of a utility infrastructure.
- Components of the infrastructure.
- Advantages gained from migrating to a utility infrastructure.
The creation of an agile server room, using utility infrastructure, requires an understanding of enterprise business goals as well as technology solutions.