Twenty-five interviews with Info-Tech clients reveal that business process modeling efforts led by end users and business managers tend to produce more successful end results in enterprise application projects. Moreover, organizations that undertake business process modeling before the application procurement step have more success.
A key factor in user-driven modeling efforts is the way business process teams are built. Use this note to understand process modeling team composition, and learn about the following best practices:
- Selecting the right leader for the business process team.
- Providing serious dedication from the organization.
- Recognizing that user-driven mapping can be painful.
- Leveraging the value in user-driven diagnostics.
- Providing the right level of technical assistance and supervision.
This is the first in a series of three notes on user-driven business process modeling for enterprise applications.