Enterprises spend significant time negotiating price and service levels with service providers. However, this is not always the case when it comes to the installation of those same services. Some enterprises just accept the service provider's standard installation terms and conditions – which is a mistake and can create problems that are not easily rectified. Enterprises should consider the following best practices when planning and negotiating the installation of telecom services.
- Require service providers to respond to all general areas of concern.
- Prepare a comprehensive installation plan.
- Request a project manager for installation management activities.
- Identify and include all non-performance penalties in the contract.
- Verify that users understand what to expect and address concerns.
Many enterprises already take advantage of the above best practices to ensure their telecom services installations go smoothly for all parties concerned.