Technically sophisticated small enterprises with advanced Web application requirements that have invested in quality assurance (QA) can benefit from automated performance testing. An automated testing tool can help IT determine an application’s performance attributes and avoid potential performance bottlenecks before deployment, when debugging costs are less expensive. Info-Tech Research Group recently evaluated five of the leading automated performance testing tools. This research note focuses on Borland Software’s SilkPerformer.
This evaluation discusses:
- Current trends in the automated performance testing market.
- The vendor position of Borland Software.
- Key features of SilkPerformer.
- Licensing, support, and pricing details.
- Strengths and weaknesses of SilkPerformer.
Evaluate the tool’s quality of service landscape, in terms of vendor and product viability, pricing, and licensing to determine if Borland Software’s SilkPerformer will meet QA needs in the small enterprise.