By establishing a close relationship with the right vendor, acquired software can help integrate technology, business processes, and future vision. Info-Tech's "A Guide to Acquisitions Process Management" is an In-Depth Report that focuses on best practices associated with the procurement process. Topics of discussion include:
- Understanding market offerings using tools such as Requests for Information.
- Establishing acceptance criteria.
- Contacting vendors via a Request for Proposal.
- Reviewing vendors and selecting the appropriate vendor.
- Planning for implementation and maintenance of the acquisition.
- Managing the vendor relationship.
This report is written from the perspective of acquiring business application software, but the concepts are equally applicable to technical software, hardware, networks, and many other enterprise products and services. Avoid acquisition nightmares by following the clear-cut process outlined in this report.