Vendor Landscape: Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
Manage the lifecycle around projects, from strategy to completion.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: November 16, 2012
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- IT is expected to keep tabs on hundreds, even thousands, of projects happening at any given instant – to provide snapshots of where they are now and where they will need to go.
- Accurate tracking of projects and resource management can be an issue for organizations as timesheet data is often inaccurate or unreported.
- Prioritizing and selecting the best project to invest in and work on can be a challenge for organizations. PPM solutions can assist in strategic decision-making, ensuring that efforts are being made in the most appropriate areas.
- PPM solutions depend on the validity of the information input to timesheets and budgets. If this information is inaccurate, don’t expect much insight from resource planning features. Vendors are now offering solutions to manage reactive work in order to increase the accuracy of timesheet and resource capacity information.
- PPM vendors are adding social UIs to their solutions in an effort to increase use of the system and drive adoption of core features.
- When selecting a PPM solution consider whether you will need to pull in data from other business systems or if departments are already using their own PPM solution. Be diligent to ensure these systems migrate or integrate with the enterprise-wide solution you choose.
Impact and Result
- Understand today’s Enterprise PPM market, where it’s going, and what the leading vendors are doing.
- Identify the solution best suited to your enterprise PPM needs.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.
BONUS Get access to up to 5 additional free downloadsDownload Now
Get to Action
Best Practices Toolkit
Evaluate the leading Enterprise PPM vendors and solutions
Gain understanding about the PPM market and what your options are.
Create a shortlist to speed the selection process
Select the solution that best aligns with your enterprise needs.
Talk to an Analyst
Each of our solution sets include information, tools and templates to help you complete a project on your own. However, if you want extra help, our silver and gold memberships include phone access to our analysts. Analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
- Book an Analyst Call on this topic. You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
- Get advice from a subject matter expert. Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.