Vendor Landscape: Wireless LAN
Reliable wireless is more than a convenience – it's critical.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: September 12, 2012
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Many organizations are looking to expand and improve wireless coverage and intra-enterprise mobility in order to better meet immediate and future business demands.
- Even if the enterprise wireless LAN (WLAN) will only serve as an extension of the primary wired network, mission-critical performance and reliability are now fully expected by business and end users.
- This solution set will help you focus on the key issues during your WLAN vendor selection process, identify the primary strengths and challenges of the leading players, and reach a vendor decision in an accelerated time frame.
- As expectations and demands on wireless networks continue to rise, the question will not be if, but when will the WLAN become your primary (or only) enterprise LAN.
Impact and Result
- Deploy a WLAN that will scale not just to business growth but also to allow for the explosion of mobile devices and applications coming into the enterprise.
- Satisfy the needs of end users, as well as cost- and security-conscious stakeholders.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.
BONUS Get access to up to 5 additional free downloadsDownload Now
Get to Action
Best Practices Toolkit
Review the WLAN vendor landscape
Understand the current state of the WLAN market in relation to your organization's needs.
Narrow your field of options
Develop a shortlist of WLAN vendors based on their ability to deliver in key areas.
Talk to an Analyst
Each of our solution sets include information, tools and templates to help you complete a project on your own. However, if you want extra help, our silver and gold memberships include phone access to our analysts. Analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
- Book an Analyst Call on this topic. You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
- Get advice from a subject matter expert. Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.
Modernize the Enterprise Network in Five Steps
Make the Network Invisible by Developing a World Class Network Management Function
Prepare for Software Defined Networking
Build the Enterprise Access Network of the Future
Implement a High Performance, Reliable, Robust Wireless LAN
Craft a Converged Data Center Network Strategy
Develop a Global Network Strategy
Vendor Landscape: Enterprise Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure
Vendor Landscape: Data Center Networking
Vendor Landscape: WAN Optimization