Vendor Landscape: Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service
Options are proliferating as Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service provides a highly agile and low capital cost option for outsourcing IT infrastructure.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: July 17, 2012
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- In tight economic times, the pressure to outsource is greatest. “Can we use the Cloud for this?” is becoming a common refrain.
- With so many vendors, how do you choose a Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) that meets your needs in a cost-effective manner?
- Info-Tech Research Group has developed a clear definition of business-class Cloud IaaS and evaluated 15 leading vendors.
- Cloud IaaS is exploding: Of the three forms of cloud service delivery (Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Software-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service), IaaS is growing fastest – 200% from 2010 to 2012.
- Options are proliferating: With mainstreaming of server consolidation and virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware), IT is seeing cloud IaaS options from a multitude of local, national, and international co-location and managed service providers.
- Hybrids are hot: Providers are differentiating themselves through hybrid service offerings. This includes internal/external and private/public cloud hybrids, but also outsourcing multi-service hybrids with co-location and managed services.
Impact and Result
- Select the Cloud IaaS solution that best fits your organization, taking advanced features, support, and vendor viability, and customizing the Vendor Landscape according to what criteria are most important to you.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.
BONUS Get access to up to 5 additional free downloadsDownload Now
Get to Action
Best Practices Toolkit
Evaluate leading Cloud IaaS vendors
Arrive at a shortlist of vendors for further analysis.
Create a customized list of the best fitting vendors
Isolate vendors that best meet requirements and accelerate the selection process.
Talk to an Analyst
Each of our solution sets include information, tools and templates to help you complete a project on your own. However, if you want extra help, our silver and gold memberships include phone access to our analysts. Analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
- Book an Analyst Call on this topic. You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
- Get advice from a subject matter expert. Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.
Select a Blade Server Platform
Vendor Landscape: Converged Systems
Get the Most out of Server Virtualization
Avoid Server Virtualization Implementation Pain
Leverage Server Virtualization for DR Affordability and Agility
Vendor Landscape: Server Virtualization
Build an Optimized Infrastructure-as-a-Service Internal Cloud
Build a Server Acquisition Strategy for the Internal Cloud
Manage & Plan Capacity for the Internal Cloud
Power the IaaS Cloud with a Cloud Management Solution
Assess the Appropriateness of the iSeries/IBM i in My Business
Maximize the Value of IBM Mainframes in My Business
Vendor Landscape: Systems Management
Vendor Landscape: Application Delivery Controllers
Vendor Landscape: Cloud Management