Select and Implement the Right BPM Solution for the Organization
- BPM technology is not a one-size-fits-all investment; unique evaluations and solution customization is required in order to deploy a solution that fits your organization.
- BPM technology is not a plug-and-play technology; proper scoping, strong solution selection, and a well-planned implementation are critical for effective utilization of the BPM suite.
- Leverage use cases: Base your vendor selection on your requirements and use case, not on their overall performance.
- Phase your implementation: Start with processes that will provide quick wins. Select processes that are simple, and strategic.
- Grow your process automation organically: Build on your pilot process and branch out to dependent and linked processes.
Impact and Result
- Align your business and IT objectives for your desired BPM suite through a rigorous and comprehensive requirements gathering process that includes process mapping, stakeholder interviews, and IT architecture analysis.
- Use Info-Tech’s BPM Vendor Landscape analysis to identify vendors in the marketplace that fit your organization’s needs based on your identified suite requirements and use case scenario results.
- Don’t cut corners as you evaluate vendors, select a suite, or plan and perform your implementation. Conducting your due diligence as you perform your project will ensure that your organization will be able to fully reap the benefits of process automation.
Start here – read the Executive Brief
Read our concise Executive Brief to find out why you should select and implement the right BPM solution, review Info-Tech’s methodology, and understand the four ways we can support you in completing this project.
Launch the BPM project
Assess the value and identify the organization’s fit for BPM technology, and structure the BPM selection project.
Analyze BPM requirements and shortlist vendors
Gather and analyze BPM requirements, then produce a vendor shortlist.
Select a BPM solution
Evaluate RFPs, conduct vendor demonstrations, and select a BPM solution.
Plan the BPM implementation
Plan the BPM implementation and measure the value of the BPM suite.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Launch a BPM Selection Project
- Identify the scope and objectives of the workshop
- Discuss the benefits and opportunities related to a BPM investment
- Gain a high level understanding of BPM and the BPM market definitions and details.
- Outline a project plan and identify the resourcing requirements for the projects
Key Benefits Achieved
- Determine workshop scope
- Identify the business drivers and benefits behind a BPM investment
- Outline the project plan for the organization’s BPM selection project
- Determine project resourcing
- Identify/perform the steps to launch the organization’s selection project
Identify business drivers for investing in process automation technology
- Completion of a project charter
Identify the organization’s fit for a BPM investment
- Launched BPM selection project
Create a project plan
Identify project resourcing
Outline the project’s timeline
Determine key metrics
Determine project oversight
Complete a project charter
Module 2: Analyze BPM Requirement and Shortlist Vendors
- Identify functional requirements for the organization’s BPM suite
- Determine technical requirements for the organization’s BPM suite
- Identify the organization’s alignment to the Vendor Landscape’s use case scenarios
- Shortlist BPM vendors
Key Benefits Achieved
- Documented functional requirements
- Documented technical requirements
- Identified use case scenarios for the future BPM solution
Interview business stakeholders
- Documented requirements for the future solution
Interview IT staff
- Identification of the organization’s BPM functional use case scenarios
Consolidate interview findings
- Shortlist of BPM vendors
Identify use case scenario alignment
Review Info-Tech’s BPM Vendor Landscape results
Create custom shortlist
Module 3: Plan the Procurement Process
- Identify the steps for the organization’s procurement process
- Identify components of the organization’s RFP
- Brainstorm contents of the demo script
- Discuss the organization’s evaluation framework for BPM
Key Benefits Achieved
- Action plan for performing an evaluation of shortlisted BPM vendors and procurement of a single solution
Debrief workshop results
- Outlined procurement process
Scope procurement process
- Scoped RFP
Outline RFP contents
- Action plan for next steps regarding selecting and implementing a BPM suite
Outline framework for evaluating vendor solutions