Vendor Landscape: Web Content Management
Give marketing the tools it needs but keep the control in IT.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: August 28, 2013
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Organizations need to effectively create and support web content. Organizations with multiple related websites need a web content management (WCM) solution that enables effective brand management.
- CIOs and IT departments are looking to put content development and management into the hands of marketing and need a WCM solution that integrates with marketing and enterprise tools.
- Organizations are seeking to incorporate and mange user generated content on their websites.
- The quality of content tools is high: focus on differentiating features, such as social tools and the presence of marketing analytics. Select your solution on the availability of advanced features that are most beneficial to your organization.
- This is no longer IT’s problem; WCM has moved out of IT’s domain and into marketing’s ownership. IT’s role now is implementation and technical support.
- Open source is a high quality option; open source solutions now have release schedules and a robust community that provides excellent support for novice users.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the WCM market.
- Evaluate WCM vendors and products for your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Best Practices Toolkit
Evaluate the leading solutions for WCM
Understand the market and available options.
Identify the WCM solution that best meets enterprise needs
Develop a shortlist to speed the selection process.
Talk to an Analyst
Each of our solution sets include information, tools and templates to help you complete a project on your own. However, if you want extra help, our silver and gold memberships include phone access to our analysts. Analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
- Book an Analyst Call on this topic. You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
- Get advice from a subject matter expert. Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.
Move Away from File Shares and Organize Enterprise Information
Right-Size the Information Governance Program
Implement an Email and Content Archive Solution
Reintroduce the Information Lifecycle to the Content Management Strategy
Find Information in the Enterprise
Vendor Landscape: Enterprise Content Management for Knowledge Workers
Vendor Landscape: Process-Generated Content Management
Develop a Web Content Management Strategy
Vendor Landscape: Web Content Management
Vendor Landscape: Web Experience Management
Vendor Landscape: Web Content Filters
Use SharePoint for Enterprise Content Management
Plan to Deploy SharePoint to the Best-Fit Cloud
Extend SharePoint to Overcome Key Challenges
Develop a SharePoint Governance Strategy
Vendor Landscape: Content and Email Archiving
eDiscovery: Ease Compliance through Repeatable Process