Right-Size Enterprise Disaster Recovery Plans
DR is not a one-size fits all proposition; make sure spending matches needs.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
- The organization needs to be able to protect business operations and recover from disaster.
- Existing plans have not been scoped appropriately and the business is spending inappropriately.
- This Solution Set will provide you with the ability to outline risks, determine appropriate recovery objectives, and establish a cost framework.
Five 9's of availability is unachievable and four 9's may be cost-prohibitive; setting recovery objectives that meet business goals while not breaking the bank is the single biggest challenge in DR planning.
Impact and Result
Upon completion of the work outlined in this Solution Set you will have determined the amount of DR capability you require within the dual boundaries of business need and financial ability.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Get a crash course on DR project scoping
Educate IT and the business on what's involved in planning a DR project.
Scope current DR capabilities, and determine future needs and budget
- Determine what response levels IT is able to support.
- Assess and validate business response needs.
- Verify that business recovery needs fit within established financial constraints
Prepare for a DRP Audit
Evaluate Cloud, Co-lo, and In-House DR Deployment Models
Optimize Backup Operations with a Recovery Services Plan
Develop a Business Continuity Plan
Create a Right-Sized Disaster Recovery Plan
Reduce Costly Downtime Through DR Testing
Implement Crisis Management Best Practices
Document and Maintain the Disaster Recovery Plan
Bridge the Gap between Service Management & Disaster Recovery
Review Continuity Plans to Deal with the Threat of Ebola
Ensure that Critical Data Is Covered by the DRP