Right-Size Enterprise Disaster Recovery Plans
DR is not a one-size fits all proposition; make sure spending matches needs.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
- The organization needs to be able to protect business operations and recover from disaster.
- Existing plans have not been scoped appropriately and the business is spending inappropriately.
- This Solution Set will provide you with the ability to outline risks, determine appropriate recovery objectives, and establish a cost framework.
Five 9's of availability is unachievable and four 9's may be cost-prohibitive; setting recovery objectives that meet business goals while not breaking the bank is the single biggest challenge in DR planning.
Impact and Result
Upon completion of the work outlined in this Solution Set you will have determined the amount of DR capability you require within the dual boundaries of business need and financial ability.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Get a crash course on DR project scoping
Educate IT and the business on what's involved in planning a DR project.
Scope current DR capabilities, and determine future needs and budget
- Determine what response levels IT is able to support.
- Assess and validate business response needs.
- Verify that business recovery needs fit within established financial constraints
Optimize Backup Operations with a Recovery Services Plan
Business Continuity Planning
Create a Right-Sized Disaster Recovery Plan
Implement Crisis Management Best Practices
Document and Maintain the Disaster Recovery Plan
Bridge the Gap between Service Management & Disaster Recovery
Make Disaster Recovery Actionable
Develop a Business Continuity Plan
Develop a Backup Software Strategy
Vendor Landscape: Virtual Backup Software
Vendor Landscape: Windows/Linux Backup for SMEs
Vendor Landscape: Backup Software for Heterogeneous Environments
Review Continuity Plans to Deal with the Threat of Ebola
Develop a BC/DR Test Plan
Change into the Best Fit DR Site Strategy
Successfully Prepare for a DR Audit and Leverage the Results to Improve DR Capability