Vendor Landscape: Retail Point of Sale (POS) Solutions
Don’t sell yourself short. Invest in the right POS solution for your organization.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Point of sale (POS) solutions are a key component in the retail industry. While these systems have traditionally been used to serve customers, POS solutions have evolved to become an important store management tool.
- Either through out of the box features or additional modules, POS solutions can be used for a variety of tasks including inventory tracking, order processing, marketing and promotions, and workforce management.
- Determine the needs of your organization to ensure you are investing in the right POS solution.
- Info-Tech evaluated six vendors in the retail POS market and found that advanced POS features are increasingly important to customers, making integration abilities a vital requirement.
- Recently, simple and cheap disrupters have emerged in the retail POS space. Vendors like Square and PayPal are offering POS hardware and software that can be operated from a mobile device. While these solutions lack the advanced functionality and scalability of traditional POS systems, they are shaking up the retail POS market by providing an affordable, innovative alternative for smaller organizations.
Impact and Result
- Shortlist the solutions based on your feature and scalability requirements, paying particular attention to the solution’s integration and roadmap.
- Save time and money by using Info-Tech’s Vendor Landscape to compare and contrast the retail POS vendors, and then create a shortlist of the most appropriate vendors based on your needs.
Understand the retail point of sale market
Understand the features, integration abilities, and scalability of retail POS solutions.
Review retail point of sale solutions
Build a shortlist of best-fit POS tools for your enterprise.