Vendor Landscape: Network Access Control
Get the knack of NAC.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: April 18, 2012
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Many organizations are looking at network access control (NAC) vendors to help secure their network.
- The rise of mobile devices and BYOD programs in the business has added new challenges to controlling the network.
- NAC vendors are marketing themselves as ready to meet these challenges, but not all of them have the specific functionality that makes their solutions ready for the modern network.
- This vendor landscape isolates key differentiators between vendors, and provides resources to help accelerate your selection process.
- The NAC market is rapidly evolving, and some advanced features differentiate between vendors. Look to these features, in addition to deployment options and price, to select a NAC solution that fits your needs.
- NAC solutions can come from infrastructure vendors, endpoint vendors, security vendors, or pure-play NAC vendors. Decide which type of vendor fits best with your current IT environment.
Impact and Result
- Understand the NAC market, and which vendors are staying competitive among rapidly changing enterprise networks.
- Quickly develop a shortlist of vendors that offer solutions covering the entire spectrum of NAC requirements.
- Be confident that the right potential partners are being considered to meet current and future NAC needs.
Get to Action
Evaluate leading NAC vendors
Arrive at a shortlist of vendors for further analysis.
Create a customized list of the best fitting vendors
Isolate vendors that best meet requirements and accelerate the selection process.