Vendor Landscape: Managed File Transfer
Centralize, automate, and secure file transfer in the enterprise.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: August 22, 2013
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Many organizations are looking at managed file transfer (MFT) vendors to meet regulatory compliance, increase security, and automate file transfers.
- Vendors tout advanced capabilities, but depending on use case, a simpler or more complex solution will be warranted.
- This Vendor Landscape isolates key differentiators amongst vendors and provides resources to help accelerate your selection process.
- Compliance and security fuel market growth. File transfer protocol (FTP) is no longer seen as a viable option to manage file transfer securely in and outside the enterprise. MFT has filled that role and is seeing rapid adoption as compliance standards extend their reach.
- When it comes to the cloud, vendors recognize the demand for deployment flexibility; however, buyers are still wary of potential security issues revolving around compliance.
- Mobile capabilities are becoming increasingly important with vendors starting to either offer mobile functionality or include it in their roadmap.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the managed file transfer market.
- Evaluate MFT vendors and products for your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
Get to Action
Understand the MFT market space
Understand MFT solutions, their capabilities, and cost.
Review MFT solutions
Build a shortlist of best-fit MFT tools for your enterprise.