Vendor Landscape: Cloud Backup Gateways
Combine on-site storage with off-site clouds for data protection and capital cost avoidance.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: July 10, 2012
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- It’s hard to get the bearings of a market where most of the vendors have been around for just two or three years.
- Cloud backup vendors have different definitions of what entails an enterprise-class cloud backup solution, further complicating the situation.
- Info-Tech Research Group has developed a clear definition of business-class cloud backup gateways, and evaluated six leading vendors.
- Direct-to-cloud backup solutions are not enterprise-ready. They provide no resiliency in the event your internet connection is not available.
- Cloud backup startups come with impressive pedigrees, typically founded by people who have experience in storage, WAN optimization, and security.
- Cloud backup is a rapidly maturing market heading for commoditization already, and vendors have already begun differentiating themselves by focusing on specific problems or niche markets.
Impact and Result
Select the cloud backup solution that’s the best fit for your organization, taking into account advanced features, support, and vendor viability by customizing the Vendor Landscape according to what criteria are most important to you.
Get to Action
Evaluate leading cloud backup solutions
Arrive at a shortlist of vendors for further analysis.
Create a customized list the best fitting vendors
Isolate vendors that best meet requirements and accelerate the selection process.