Vendor Landscape: Application Lifecycle Management
Satisfy your ALM suite-tooth.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: January 30, 2013
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Development platforms and methodologies have proliferated, increasing complexity for IT managers and software development.
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools that fail to track from requirements through to maintenance introduce gaps in the lifecycle that will hinder the speed and quality of development.
- The cost of ALM licenses puts pressure on the budget-conscious IT leader.
- ALM tools must manage across diverse platforms to support all phases of the lifecycle from requirements through to deployment and maintenance.
- Traceability must be integrated to the extent that any change in requirements triggers an automatic alert or notification of the impact.
- Customizable reporting capabilities allow organizations to gather metrics specific to their business and critical to their development.
Impact and Result
- Choose the right range of features for the development scenario.
- Find an integrated solution that will reduce the development costs.
Get to Action
Assess ALM vendor features, suites, and viability
Determine which vendors will meet the organization's ALM needs.
Use the organization's requirements to set evaluation priorities
Develop a custom shortlist based on ALM criteria most relevant to the organization.