- Business is tight, timelines are tight, and getting more done in less time while staying in touch with the leading trends in software is critical to any business. Using development components and tools helps Developers to stay at the edge of technology, providing responsive solutions for your clients.
- Businesses developing software need to:
- Create more high-quality features in less time.
- Keep pace with the ever-changing world of software development.
- Add missing or enhanced functionality without writing lines of code.
- ComponentOne, the clear leader and champion of the development tool space, has been providing tools, components, and applications to assist developers for over 23 years. It provides the best-rounded offering of tools in all three of the major categories: Desktop, Mobile, and Web – all in one convenient suite.
- The cost point for each of the vendors is relatively equal; all offer a full “ultimate” suite containing all their products. Each vendor excels at specific functions and features. Janus Systems received the lowest scoring because its focus is on the desktop space, while the other vendors offer their products across 2 or 3 of the evaluated platforms.
- Development managers and leaders must base their decision to use the tools and components detailed in this research on empirical evidence and not based on what their developers tell them. Each vendor offers a trial period for its suite. Use these trials to determine first hand the suitability and actual cost savings. Developers are often too quick to “build it themselves” not realizing the impact to the business.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the development tools and component market.
- Evaluate development tool vendors and products for your organization’s needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for particular use cases and scenarios.
- Embark on the selection process of a development tools/component package.
1. Evaluate application development tool vendors
Map a clear view of the application development tools vendor landscape.
2. Create and evaluate a shortlist of vendors
Ensure that the most appropriate vendor is selected for the enterprise.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.