Vendor Landscape: Application Delivery Controllers
Because the enterprise needs more than just load balancing.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: September 19, 2012
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Web traffic has increased drastically, and the enterprise is struggling to keep up with server demand.
- This increase in traffic brings server downtime, and is cause for security worries as enterprises collect more and more client data.
- Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs) allow traffic to be balanced across servers, as well as offloading security features and preventing malicious attacks against corporate systems. Choosing an ADC solution can be difficult, especially with ever increasing loads and security risks.
- Determine which ADC requirements apply most to the organization. Some organizations will require a cloud-ready virtual appliance, while others simply need a physical appliance to sit in the data center.
- Features in most ADC solutions are the same across the board. Look to how those features are implemented to find the best fit for the organization.
- Create a shortlist of vendors that meet the unique needs of your organization.
Impact and Result
- ADC solutions are no longer just about load balancing. They plug security holes, offload server processes, and compress content for optimized delivery.
- Choosing the right ADC solution will increase the efficiency and satisfaction of end users, while maintaining security without a massive burden on IT.
- User expectation of web applications is ever increasing, so choose a vendor that will continue to innovate as the marketplace evolves.
Get to Action
Evaluate leading ADC vendors
Arrive at a shortlist of vendors for further analysis.
Create a customized list of the best fitting vendors
Isolate vendors that best meet requirements and accelerate the selection process.