RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
Vendor Landscape: Web Conferencing Vendors
Hear me, see me, touch me, teach me.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: May 20, 2011
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- While you likely know the names, leading Web Conferencing vendors have different philosophies, and not all products solve all problems.
- Determining which vendor fits best with your needs and budget is a challenge.
- The Web Conferencing market has matured, and the new features to evaluate are real-time communications as a service platform and mobile functionality.
- Among the products evaluated, Adobe Connect and Cisco WebEx are the clear champions, and remain so even when product price for performance is accounted for.
- These two products aren’t recommended for every use case, as other products are better aligned with particular scenarios, e.g. internal communication or remote support.
Impact and Result
- Select the most appropriate Web Conferencing tool for your organization’s use case and needs.
Get to Action
Evaluate Web conferencing tools
Select a Web conferencing tool with confidence.
Identify solutions that match enterprise needs
Develop a shortlist to speed selection of an appropriate Web conferencing solution.