Vendor Landscape: Unified Communications
It's high time to make your presence felt with real-time IP communications.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: March 1, 2012
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Many organizations are looking at unified communications technologies to enhance productivity and affect improved collaborations.
- Vendors offer a range of capabilities in their UC offerings, from basic presence, instant messaging, and mobility features, through video conferencing, content sharing, collaboration platforms, and multi-media recording and analytics.
- This Vendor Landscape isolates key vendor strengths and challenges, and provides resources to help accelerate your selection process.
- UC capabilities differ greatly between vendor offerings, and organizations should choose carefully to ensure that they are getting the features they need, without paying for features that aren't necessary.
- Implementing a UC solution within the context of a broad communication and collaboration strategy (including IP telephony, video conferencing systems, and collaboration environments) offers the greatest opportunity to improve productivity and streamline critical business processes by minimizing communication bottlenecks.
Impact and Result
- Quickly develop a shortlist of vendors that offer solutions covering the entire spectrum of UC requirements.
- Be confident that the right potential partners are being considered to meet current and future unified communications needs.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Best Practices Toolkit
Evaluate leading UC vendors
Arrive at a shortlist of vendors for further analysis.
Select the best fit vendor
Isolate vendors that best meet requirements and accelerate the selection process.
Talk to an Analyst
Each of our solution sets include information, tools and templates to help you complete a project on your own. However, if you want extra help, our silver and gold memberships include phone access to our analysts. Analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
- Book an Analyst Call on this topic. You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
- Get advice from a subject matter expert. Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.
Develop a Unified Communications Strategy
Optimize UC to Maximize Business ROI
Vendor Landscape: IP Telephony & Unified Communications
Develop a Video Conferencing Strategy
Vendor Landscape: Video Conferencing
Make the Case for IP Telephony
Inventory and Optimize the Telecom Environment
Reduce Telecom Expenses
Develop a Telephony and Unified Communications Strategy
Make a Data-Driven Decision on Unified Communications