Access this Tool and more by filling out your information.
When you register you will also receive:
- A Free Trial Membership which provides additional free research and help on your projects
- Access to survey data, contribute to our research, community involvement and much more
In order to do a true comparison of the total costs, equivalent systems must be configured and priced. This download provides the tools to select comparable systems and to perform a cost comparison. Items that must be considered include:
- Selecting equivalent systems for comparison.
- Configuring matching hardware, including processors, RAM, storage, and networking capabilities.
- Evaluating indirect costs such as cabling, external infrastructure, and energy use.
By selecting the right systems for the comparison, the small enterprise can determine at what point blade servers will save the business money.
This downloadable tool is associated with the research note, "Small Enterprise Dilemma: Rack or Blade for Cost Savings?"