Access this Note FREE by giving us your email address.When you register you will also receive:
- A Free Trial Membership which provides additional free research and help on your projects
- Access to survey data, contribute to our research, community involvement and much more
Since the server room is always in operation, consumes copious amounts of energy, and houses equipment containing hazardous materials, there is great opportunity for green improvements. Greening the server room will not only reduce harm to the environment, but it will also reduce energy costs through improved efficiencies.
This note is the first in a three-part series that examines what IT can do to improve overall energy efficiency and reduce power requirements. Key topics include:
- Rising energy costs.
- Server room energy consumption.
- Power supply efficiency.
- Emerging energy standards for servers.
- High value, energy-saving tips for the server room.
Understanding how to improve energy efficiency in the server room saves money and the environment.
Already a member?