A well-implemented internal portal can improve communication and knowledge-sharing among employees and with collaborative partners. Given the potential impact, IT should follow a defined process when deciding which software solution to use.
Writing a comprehensive RFP is often a key component of the selection process, but drafting it can be a time-consuming and complex task. This time-saving editable template ensures the following is covered:
- The statement of work that provides the purpose for the RFP.
- General information to describe the enterprise, the existing technology environment, and the schedule of events required.
- Proposal preparation guidelines to lay out the expectations for the selection process.
- The scope of work, specifications, and requirements.
- Vendor qualifications and references.
- Budget and pricing information, including a five-year total cost summary.
This template is best used in conjunction with the research note “Portal Marketscape: SharePoint Not the Only Option,” which offers a broad survey of the portal software market.