When moving the data center, two thirds of the planning effort should be spent on the discovery phase. Developing a detailed inventory, and orchestrating bundling and moving of related assets, is a detailed process with many interconnected components and processes. This discovery tool will facilitate the multi-stage data collection and bundling process and provide one point of reference for the team to refer to, before and during the move.
The data collection and bundling workbook will help you:
- Establish a data collection plan.
- Inventory applications.
- Inventory infrastructure.
- Gather vendor and expert contact information.
- Identify upgrade or consolidation opportunities.
- Determine component migration strategies.
- Create migration bundles.
- Order/prioritize migration bundles.
Use the this tool to collect, record and structure application and infrastructure data for the data center relocation in one comprehensive document.