Determining power requirements is an important aspect of data center planning and design when IT is renovating the data center, however, this can be a difficult number to estimate if the data center is not monitored separately. Use this tool to:
- Estimate existing server power load requirements.
- Estimate future server power load requirements.
- Estimate other equipment’s power load requirements.
- Estimate the total power requirements for the data center.
- Estimate the size of generator needed.
By understanding the information and calculations involved in estimating power requirements, IT can ensure that the data center power renovation project includes enough power to support both current and future needs.
This downloadable tool is associated with the research note, “Estimate Data Center Power Requirements for Stable Long-Term Outlook.”