Access this In-Depth Report and more by filling out your information.
When you register you will also receive:
- A Free Trial Membership which provides additional free research and help on your projects
- Access to survey data, contribute to our research, community involvement and much more
Enterprises depending on desktop applications such as Microsoft Excel are already leaving themselves vulnerable to human error that is typically caused by overextension of Office tools beyond basic spreadsheet use. Today, Microsoft Office 2007 compatibility issues are causing additional concerns over the integrity of spreadsheet data in Excel.
This research note covers three topics:
- Data integrity issues in Microsoft Excel.
- The Microsoft compatibility paradox.
- Optimizing use of Excel over multiple versions.
The problems can range from seemingly blank data caused by formatting errors to data lost as a result of formula incompatibility with previous versions of Excel. Ensure the enterprise implements standards to protect Excel spreadsheet data.