Access this Template/Policy and more by filling out your information.
When you register you will also receive:
- A Free Trial Membership which provides additional free research and help on your projects
- Access to survey data, contribute to our research, community involvement and much more
Passwords are the primary form of user authentication used to grant access to information systems. To ensure that passwords provide as much security as possible they must be carefully created and used. Without strict usage guidelines, the potential exists that passwords will be created that are easy to break, allowing easier illicit access to information systems, thereby compromising the security of those systems.
This Password Policy Template includes the following sections:
- Default policy statements that define what the enterprise must do.
- Default procedures that define how the enterprise must do it.
- Baseline recommendations to customize the template to individual enterprise requirements.
Use this and the related templates to build an efficient and effective enterprise Security Policy.