Optimize the BI Program for a Better ROI
Squeeze more juice from the fruits of your BI labor.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: September 13, 2010
- Organizations looking to increase the value of their Business Intelligence (BI) solution typically look to wider deployments and streamlined maintenance and support.
- The BI solution spins out of control and IT does not have all the resources to manage the growth of the solution.
- This solution set will teach IT managers how to reduce the costs of BI fragmentation, build a Business Intelligence Competency Center (BICC) to manage the BI strategy, and standardize the BI solution.
- An optimized Business Intelligence (BI) program is one that provides better information to more users at a reduced cost-to-serve.
- BI programs often fail to deliver value because of insufficient governance. Remedy this by having a strong executive sponsor, and consider implementing a Business Intelligence Competency Center (BICC).
Impact and Result
- This set will help our clients optimize an existing BI program by tweaking the key drivers of success: functionality, reach, and cost.
- It will help articulate a clear vision of how BI will create value in the organization, as well as develop and implement standardization initiatives and strengthen BI governance.
Get to Action
Understand the drivers of a successful BI program, as well as the common pitfalls that prevent BI from delivering concrete business value.
The optimization of BI allows it to achieve its full potential for delivering business value and results in a higher ROI.
Determine the current state of BI in the organization.
Target areas for improvement and optimization.