Vendor Landscape: Mobile Development Platforms
Ride the mobile wave while reducing fragmentation with an all-in-one MDP.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Mobile proliferation has created costly fragmentation. iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone are all popular with consumers.
- This poses a challenge for developers: they’re forced to choose between selecting one platform for development or investing in costly parallel development efforts.
- Mobile Development Platform (MDP) vendors help solve the conundrum of fragmentation by providing solutions that allow developers to "code once, deploy many" to multiple mobile platforms.
- Organizations that are heavily involved in mobile app development should adopt an MDP to allow them to reach the largest possible app market at the lowest possible cost.
- MDP feature sets are highly commoditized, with pricing and vendor attributes forming more relevant selection criteria.
Impact and Result
- Understand the features and business benefits of using an MDP to support mobile development efforts.
- Determine functional requirements based on organizational needs to focus product evaluation on the right criteria.
- Understand the current state of the MDP market to evaluate and select a vendor that best meets the organization’s requirements.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Evaluate MDP vendors and available solutions
Understand the MDP market, the players, and their products.
Compare leading vendors and develop a shortlist
Narrow down the leading vendors to the most appropriate few.
Build a Business-Driven Application Roadmap Using an Agile Approach
Choose the Right Development Platform for Enterprise Mobile Applications
Develop Enterprise Mobile Applications With Realistic and Relevant Performance
Stay on Top of Today’s and Tomorrow’s Mobile App Trends
Make Development Teams Leaner and Improve Time-to-Release in Five Steps
Strengthen the SSDLC for Enterprise Mobile Applications
Use DevOps to Respond Faster to End Customers
Modernize Your Corporate Website to Drive Business Value
Implement Agile Practices That Work
Optimize the Current Agile Process for Scalability to Prepare for a Wider Rollout
Grow Agile Beyond the Team into the Enterprise
Optimize Existing Applications for Security in an Untrusted World
Choose the Right Tools for Big Data Development
Optimize the Application Maintenance Estimation (AME) Process
Use PaaS to Decrease Ongoing Application Maintenance Costs
Develop APIs That Work Properly for the Organization
Enter Into Mobile Development Without Confusion and Frustration
Reduce Churn and Improve an Existing Software Development Practice
Vendor Landscape: Application Development Tools
Choose a Mobile Development Strategy
Create an Effective Web Redesign Strategy
Drive Web Traffic with Search Engine Optimization
Develop a Position on Cloud Platform as a Service
Vendor Landscape: Application Lifecycle Management
Vendor Landscape: Mobile Enterprise Application Platforms
Optimize Application Maintenance for Improved Application Quality
Be Nimble, Improve Collaboration – In Short, Get Agile
Develop a Repeatable Process to Validate & Build an Effective Software Architectural Design
Adopt SDLC Framework Techniques for Greater Lifecycle Efficiency
Scale Your Agile Practice and Confidently Increase Capacity
2016 Applications and Information Management Trends