- Empowered Networks
- Hobart Food Equipment
- Indian Electric Cooperative
- Anonymous field technician, Rogers Communications contractor
- Field service software is not new. Vendors like Astea and ClickSoftware have been providing solutions to improve management of workers in the field for many years. However, newcomers like ServiceMax are arriving with innovative new features that shake up the field service landscape.
- Rapid growth in the capabilities of mobile technology and the promise of cloud computing are changing how field service automation needs to be evaluated.
- Determine which features are required and which can be left out. Some organizations only need a solution that optimizes scheduling and dispatch, while others need advanced knowledge base and collaboration capabilities.
- Decide between a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) implementation and an on-premise installation, and choose a solution that excels at your chosen hosting method. Also consider the availability of wireless Internet, and which Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems are already in place, to find a vendor who offers a solution to meet your needs at the lowest cost.
- Issue an RFP, score responses, and get demonstrations from the finalists to gather information about your choices and make an informed decision.
Impact and Result
- Choosing the right field service automation solution will increase the efficiency of field technicians, and directly increase revenue by creating new opportunities for sales in the field.
- Implementing field service software comes at a price, not only in the software itself, but in an investment in training and an upheaval of corporate culture. However, ultimately there is a high ROI associated with automation.
- Advancements in mobile and cloud technology are further increasing the potential benefit of field service automation, provided the solution that best fits your organization is chosen.
1. Narrow down your list of field service automation vendors
Enhance field service management in a way that will meet current and future requirements.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.