Forget development, make all of IT agile.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: October 31, 2011
- Today’s business environment is defined by rapidly changing technologies, market conditions, and business models.
- In most organizations, IT struggles to keep up with any one of these issues let alone all three.
- IT is seldom flexible and adaptable enough to make the quick project and process changes demanded by today’s turbulent times.
The deployment of agile approaches in development and in infrastructure evolution has two benefits:
- The obvious one is that IT services can adapt more quickly to changes in the business environment.
- But as significantly, costs are lower and IT responsiveness is faster as a result of agile disciplines.
Impact and Result
- Adapt to the business model changing suddenly and unpredictably
- Adopt new technologies (e.g. mobile, social) and develop new strategies
- Respond to an increase in client & staff demand and sophistication
- Think strategically: You can't cut your way to success, and the status quo is expensive
Get to Action
Make IT more responsive to changing organizational needs
Deal with challenges in controlling user requests
Get the requirement right the first time
Get a handle on agile development methodologies
Increase the flexibility of Disaster Recovery Plans