Don't Go Overboard Formalizing Service Delivery
Focus on customer satisfaction.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
Last Revised: October 31, 2011
- Many organizations struggle to get a handle on service delivery – they have no formal system for delivery and business users are not satisfied.
- Often, the only solution seems to be full-blown ITIL, which may seem out of reach for many smaller or medium-sized IT departments.
Return to Manage IT in Turbulent Times
- While there is increased attention being paid to Service Management, most organizations can achieve improvements with a disciplined process and don’t need to implement a comprehensive but complex formal framework like ITIL.
Impact and Result
- Adapt to the business model changing suddenly and unpredictably
- Adopt new technologies (e.g. mobile, social) and develop new strategies
- Respond to an increase in client & staff demand and sophistication
- Think strategically: You can't cut your way to success, and the status quo is expensive
Get to Action
Improve service delivery
Develop a service catalog
Improve IT attitude to service
Improve your existing Help Desk
Manage capacity challenges
Manage your equipment inventories