Access this Note and more by filling out your information.
When you register you will also receive:
- A Free Trial Membership which provides additional free research and help on your projects
- Access to survey data, contribute to our research, community involvement and much more
Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) is still a front-burner issue for many large enterprises. As more CIOs consider this architecture, and vendors bring more SOA productivity suites to market, decision makers can ill afford to be unaware of some key SOA issues. The ability to navigate the wide array of Web services specifications is one such issue.
Decision makers should have a selection process in place that helps them identify the Web standards that are most appropriate to their environment. This note describes a selection process that helps decision makers:
- Identify the right Web services architecture for their SOA environment.
- Create a shortlist of the right components from the architecture.
- Identify and select the right Web Services specifications that should be part of their SOA.
CIOs capable of selecting the right Web service specifications for their SOA initiative will ensure that their project remains on track for success.