Access this Video and more by filling out your information.
When you register you will also receive:
- A Free Trial Membership which provides additional free research and help on your projects
- Access to survey data, contribute to our research, community involvement and much more
Seventy-six percent of survey respondents indicated that application maintenance is one of the most critical areas of the business, and yet many organizations deal with maintenance in a reactive mode, with very little process. App maintenance is often viewed as a necessary evil that no one really wants to perform. This means that maintenance often does not get the attention it deserves in terms of staffing and process.
This video focuses on the process side; specifically, the six steps that Info-Tech has identified as key elements in an overall maintenance process:
- Evaluate and prioritize all requests, patches, and updates.
- Follow proper coding standards.
- Establish a maintenance release schedule.
- Test all changes with proper QA practices.
- Document all changes.
- Have the appropriate business leader provide final sign-off on changes.
Info-Tech research found that organizations that have a maintenance process are more successful in terms of managing tickets and being on-time and on-budget.