This phase of the blueprint, Create a Plan and Roadmap for the Organization’s MDM Program, will help you conduct a current capabilities assessment and create initiatives to get you on the road to MDM. This phase will take you through the following activities:
- Assess the current state of the organization's capabilities surrounding MDM, framed by Info-Tech's Information Management Framework.
- Solicit requirements from organizational stakeholders.
- Identify the "to-be" environment vision of the MDM strategy.
- Take inventory of relevant IT systems.
- Determine gaps between the current state and the to-be environment.
- Analyze gaps and identify practical initiatives.
- Organize the initiatives into a roadmap that will assist you in communicating and implementing a MDM strategy.
Use this phase as part of the full blueprint, Develop a Master Data Management Strategy and Roadmap to Better Monetize Data.