RETIRED CONTENTPlease note that the content on this page is retired. This content is not maintained and may contain information or links that are out of date.
IT service management is a key weapon in the war to make IT more responsive to the business users it serves. Best practices frameworks such as IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) provide the essential structure to moving forward with service management improvement initiatives.
Smaller enterprises can readily adapt ITIL to fit their service scope and level of complexity. This In-Depth Report—"Adapting ITIL to Small- and Mid-Sized Enterprises"—describes how to make it happen. Discussions include:
- The quality revolution in IT.
- Basics on IT services and ITIL.
- Clear guidance on what ITIL does, and what it doesn't.
- Alternative and supporting quality management frameworks.
- Resources for implementing ITIL in an SME.
ITIL isn't just for big enterprises—organizations of any type and size can reap the benefits.