Prepare for Negotiations More Effectively
Better preparation leads to better outcomes.Book This Workshop
Negotiating with vendors can be difficult:
- Vendor contracts protect vendors and tend to be one-sided.
- Customer budgets are constrained, and hard choices have to be made.
- Winning a negotiation at all costs ignores the fact that the customer still has to work with the vendor after negotiations conclude.
Better preparation has a direct impact on negotiation results, including:
- An equitable division of money and risk.
- Better relationships internally and with the vendor.
- Increased vendor accountability.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn’t enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our Project Workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a road map in place to complete your project successfully.Book Now
Module 1: 12 Steps to Better Negotiation Preparation
- Improve negotiation preparation.
- Understand how to use the Info-Tech Before Negotiating Tool.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A scalable framework for negotiation preparation will be created.
- The Before Negotiating Tool will be configured for the customer’s environment.
|1.1||Establish specific negotiation goals and ranges.||
|1.2||Identify and assess alternatives to a negotiated agreement.||
|1.3||Identify and evaluate assumptions made by the parties.||
|1.5||Identify and evaluate relationship issues.||
|1.6||Identify and leverage the team structure.||
|1.7||Identify and address leverage issues.||
|1.8||Evaluate timeline considerations.||
|1.9||Create a strategy.||
|1.10||Draft a negotiation agenda.||
|1.11||Draft and answer questions.||
|1.12||Rehearse (informal and formal).||